Your content strategy is not only the words and pictures on your site, but also the way you approach telling your nonprofit’s story as a whole. Telling a compelling story is the most effective way to connect with your website visitors and ultimately move them to action.
You only have a few moments to make this connection. We’ll help you figure out what to highlight and how to share it to increase the likelihood of turning a website visitor into an active supporter.
Content Strategy Considerations
When developing a content strategy, there are a lot of things to consider, including:
- What are the key messages you want to make sure every visitor hears?
- What pages should you include on your website and how should they be organized?
- What are the most effective ways to talk about your organization?
- What other media (such as videos, photos or audio) can help tell your story?
- What tone is most appropriate for each page of your website?
- What info is distracting visitors from finding what they’re looking for?
- How can you optimize your site for both visitors and search engines?
- What content appears to be confusing visitors based on data?
What We Offer
We’re happy to be involved in whatever way you think is most helpful as you work to build out your nonprofit’s content strategy. We offer the following content strategy services:
- Website Structure – What pages should you include in your website and how should they be organized?
- Competitive Analysis – What are similar organizations doing effectively and where is there opportunity for you to stand out?
- Content Review – What changes can be made to the content you’ve already created?
- Copywriting – We’ll write the copy for your website based on your initial input and your ongoing feedback.
- Blog Development – Should your nonprofit have a blog? What should you be writing about, how often should you publish and how long should each post be?
- Photography – We can take photos of the people within your organization and the community you serve to help tell your story.
- Cohesive Strategy – What content should you be posting on your website? On your blog? On social media? In your email newsletter?
Content Strategy Articles
We write a lot about how nonprofits can tell their stories in a more compelling way. Here are a few of our posts: