Social Media Strategy
Social media is a great opportunity for your nonprofit to engage in two-way conversations with those interested in your organization or mission.
Many rush into social media because everyone else is doing it. But it can be much more valuable to your nonprofit if you take a bit of time to set goals and figure out what social media success will look like for your organization.
How Can Social Media Help Your Nonprofit?
Social media can have a variety of benefits depending on how you use it. Some possible benefits include:
- Maintaining relationships with donors and volunteers
- Deepening collaborative relationships with other organizations
- Increasing attendees by promoting upcoming events
- Recruiting new volunteers
- Sharing your nonprofit’s successes including stories and pictures
- Establishing your nonprofit’s authority in your field
- Driving traffic to specific pages on your website
- Showing a more personal side of your nonprofit and the people running it
For more on possible impacts and getting started with social media, take a look at our Nonprofit Social Media Library of Articles.
What We Offer
When it comes to social media, we generally get involved in the following ways:
- Social Media Strategy – Developing a plan to help your nonprofit leverage social media, including the types of content to post, who to connect with and how to drive traffic to your website
- Social Media Review – Reviewing your current social media accounts and giving feedback on what is working well and areas for improvement
- Social Media Integration – Integrating your social media with your broader web presence, including your website and email newsletter
If you have any questions about social media and how your nonprofit can use it, send us an email or give us a call at (314) 801-1328. We’re always happy to answer questions.
Social Media Articles
We know nonprofits have a lot of questions when it comes to social media. Here are some posts we’ve written that hopefully can provide some insight: