Nonprofit Web Design
Your website is the most important piece of your nonprofit’s web presence. It’s great if you’re huge on social media or have an awesome newsletter, but ultimately most potential supporters will end up on your website.
Before Starting Any Nonprofit Web Design Project
Before you start building your nonprofit’s website, make sure you can answer this all-important question:
What’s the point of your nonprofit’s website?
The answer to this often overlooked question will inform a lot of decisions when it comes to the structure, design and features of your site.
Maybe it’s promoting online giving. Or connecting with potential volunteers. Or raising awareness of the various initiatives you have going on in your community.
Whatever your reason for building a new website, figure it out before you start deciding on features to include or colors to use.
Your Website Should Be Helping Your Nonprofit
We believe your website should be a tool that actually helps your organization serve your community more effectively. Here are some examples of ways your website can help your nonprofit:
- Boost donations by allowing your donors to give directly through your website and by telling your story in an engaging way that drives visitors to donate offline
- Bolster donor retention by managing donor information and automating processes like sending “Thank You” emails
- Connect with new volunteers by allowing visitors to see upcoming volunteer opportunities and sign up to volunteer directly through your website
- Improve volunteer satisfaction by maintaining a database of volunteers and automating processes like sending reminder emails or volunteer project updates
- Create stronger relationships by allowing your supporters to easily sign up for your email newsletter
- Promote social sharing by integrating your social media presence and promoting conversations within your community
- Establish your authority by publishing a blog and providing useful resources to your visitors
Working With Us
We know there are a lot of excellent web designers you could work with on your project. But here are a few reasons we think you’ll like working with us:
Tailored to Your Nonprofit
We tailor the scope of your project to your nonprofit and the problems you’re facing. If you’re spending the time and money on building a website, we think it should specifically address your needs.
You Run Your Website
We believe you should be able to run your own website without always having to call your developer. That’s why we build all of our websites on a content management system (usually WordPress), which means you’ll be able to run your own site without calling us.
Of course we’re always happy to help out if you have any questions.
A Focus on Nonprofits
We focus on working with nonprofits.
We’ve spent a lot of time thinking, talking and writing about the best ways to incorporate a Donate button into a website and how to turn website visitors into volunteers. We love this stuff.
Your Feedback Throughout the Project
We ask for your feedback throughout the entire process, from content to design to programming. By the time your website launches, you’ll already know exactly what’s going live for the world to see.
We think your data paints the clearest picture of how your website is helping your nonprofit and where it can be improved. That’s why we include a variety of analytics reviews in most of our website projects.
We’ll show you how to use all the major features of your website and write up a customized training guide tailored to your website.
If you have any questions or want more information on a website project, please send us an email or give us a call at (314) 801-1328. We’re always happy to answer questions and, if we’re not the right fit, hopefully we can at least point you in the right direction.
Web Design Articles
For some tips on building a great nonprofit website, check out some articles we’ve written on the topic: