We’re looking for a full-time Web Designer to join our team. You’ll be working directly with our nonprofit clients, designing themes for our nonprofit website platform and supporting our team’s various ongoing marketing initiatives.
If you’re ready to apply, fill out the form below.
Wondering about the benefits of joining us at Wired Impact? Here are a few of them:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Work Hours. Head to a late afternoon baseball game. Sleep in after a night of working late. Get your hair cut during the day because it’s less crowded. We care much more about getting great work done than clocking in and out each day.
- Take Vacation When You Need It. We don’t track vacation days. If you feel like you need some time off, you should take it. Or maybe you want to work from another city for a week around the holidays? We can most likely make it work.
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe a happy team means better work and ultimately better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
- Unique Office Space in Downtown St. Louis. We recently moved to Covo, a converted bank building in downtown St. Louis. There’s a roof deck, pool table, weekly community happy hour and yoga during lunch. Those of us in St. Louis usually come to the office every day, but we’re flexible if you want to work from home or a coffee shop when needed.
- Established Remote Work Culture. Not in St. Louis? We’re experienced with having a team spread across the country. We offer the tools and processes needed for remote staff to be successful and stay connected.
As a Web Designer at Wired Impact, your responsibilities will include:
- Sketching, concepting, wireframing, and ultimately designing website prototypes for our nonprofit website themes
- Partnering with our developers to support every phase of the development process on both internal and client-facing projects
- Translating nonprofit needs into designs for web pages, email templates, social media graphics and downloadable content
- Working closely with our content strategists to create visuals and support our internal marketing efforts that provide educational content to 30,000+ nonprofit marketers each month
- Researching and sharing industry trends to make sure we’re following best practices as they evolve
- Driving the internal Wired Impact brand aesthetic, and creating digital marketing pieces that maintain our brand across websites and social platforms
Skills and Background
We’re looking for an applicant that has the following skills and background:
- At least two years of UX/UI web design experience
- Top-notch Photoshop and Illustrator skills (experience with Adobe XD is also a big plus)
- Comfortable working in the back end of WordPress (no coding skills required)
- Professional or personal experience with nonprofits should definitely be highlighted
In addition to everything above, we’re looking for the following in our ideal Web Designer:
- Belief in the Wired Impact mission to help nonprofits effectively use the web to do more good
- Ability to balance multiple projects at one time
- Ability to manage your time independently (we don’t want to police how you spend your days)
- Desire to continue learning and tackling new challenges
- Ability to have an entire conversation in sarcasm (Seriously, an entire conversation. It’ll almost definitely happen at some point.)
- Willingness to take and give constructive criticism
- Readiness to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your job description
If you’re interested in joining us here to help nonprofits better use the web, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions about the position or Wired Impact in general, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.