We’re looking for a college intern to join our team! You’ll be working with us to improve our clients’ websites and support nonprofits in growing their online marketing. This is a year-round internship where we plan to give you real projects and welcome you to be part of our close-knit team.
This internship is a paid position.
If you’re ready to apply, fill out the form below.
Wondering about the benefits of joining us at Wired Impact? Here are a few of them:
- Flexible Work Hours. Head to a late afternoon baseball game. Sleep in after a night of working late. Get your hair cut during the day because it’s less crowded. We care much more about getting great work done than clocking in and out each day.
- Work from Anywhere. Work from a coffee shop, the office or at home when you need to. We’re pretty flexible (although most of us in St. Louis choose to come into the office every day).
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe a happy team means better work and ultimately better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
- Unique Office Space in Downtown St. Louis. Our home base is at Covo, a new office space in a converted bank building in downtown St. Louis. The space is beautiful. There’s a roof deck, pool table, weekly community happy hour and yoga during lunch.
As an intern at Wired Impact, your responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring and answering client questions about how to use their website and market their organization online
- Assisting in developing support documentation and videos to help clients manage their digital marketing
- Reviewing and formatting website copy
- Identifying link building opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO)
- Collecting client feedback and reviewing completed projects to identify areas for growth
- Conducting research to support client and internal marketing initiatives
- Testing new features and functionality to improve the user experience and squash bugs
- Supporting other team members at Wired Impact to further improve our work
Skills and Background
We’re looking for an applicant that has the following skills and background:
- Interest in communications, web development, nonprofits or marketing with a related academic background
- Current college freshman, sophomore or junior
- Availability to work from our St. Louis, MO office for 10 – 15 hours per week
- Ability to commit to working with us throughout the year (6 – 12 months)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with the ability to explain complex topics clearly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks at one time
- Experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Asana and Google apps should definitely be noted
- Professional or personal experience with nonprofits is also a big plus
In addition to everything above, we’re looking for the following in our ideal intern:
- Belief in the Wired Impact mission to get a powerful website in the hands of every nonprofit that wants one
- Ability to budget time and get things done (we don’t want to police how you spend your days)
- Dedication to completing high quality work
- Ability to have an entire conversation in sarcasm (Seriously, an entire conversation. It’ll almost definitely happen at some point.)
- An interest in learning about every part of our process, from search engine optimization to programming to marketing strategy
- Willingness to take constructive criticism
- Readiness to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your day-to-day work
If you’re interested in joining us here to help nonprofits better use the web, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions about the internship or Wired Impact in general, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.