We’re looking for a full-time Web and Plugin Developer to join our team. You’ll be working with nonprofits across the country to help them utilize their online marketing to generate results.
If you’re ready to apply, fill out the form below.
Wondering about the benefits of joining us at Wired Impact? Here are a few of them:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Work Hours. Head to a late afternoon baseball game. Sleep in after a night of working late. Get your hair cut during the day because it’s much less crowded. Oh, and we don’t have scheduled hours. We focus on getting great work done.
- Work from Anywhere. Work from a coffee shop, the office or at home. We just expect you to show up for meetings and be in the office for a couple of hours each day.
- Take Vacation When You Need It. We don’t track vacation days. If you feel like you need some time off, you should take it. Or maybe you want to work from another city for a week around the holidays? We can most likely make it work.
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe happy employees mean better work and ultimately better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
As a Web and Plugin Developer at Wired Impact, your responsibilities will include:
- Architect and develop nonprofit websites using the WordPress content management system
- Work with our team to develop WordPress plugins to be used by nonprofits and provide support for these plugins
- Implement industry standard best practices for all new and existing websites to improve performance, user experience and conversions
- Perform regular maintenance for the websites we host including plugin and core updates
Skills and Background
We’re looking for an applicant that has the following skills and background:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced WordPress knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of the Git version control system preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
In addition to everything above, we’re looking for the following in our ideal Web and Plugin Developer:
- Belief in the Wired Impact mission to help nonprofits effectively use the web
- Ability to budget time and get things done (we don’t want to police how you spend your days)
- Someone who enjoys reading the change log for their favorite browser whenever there’s a new release
- Someone who chuckles with pride when one of their sites loads in under one second
- Dedication to completing high quality work
- Ability to have an entire conversation in sarcasm (Seriously, an entire conversation. It’ll almost definitely happen at some point.)
- Willingness to take and give constructive criticism
- Readiness to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your job description
If you’re interested in joining us here to help nonprofits better use the web, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions about the position or Wired Impact in general, please reach out to us at email@example.com.