There are many instances when you want to add a PDF document to your website. Whether it be information about an event, additional resources for site visitors or a general fact sheet, it’s important that documents are easy to find and open. We’ll show you the steps to add a PDF to a page on your website.
Upload and Add the PDF to a Page
1. Select the PDF you would like to add to your website. Make sure it is titled something specific and saved to your desktop or in a place easy to find.
2. Navigate to the page where you would like to add your PDF.
3. Place your cursor where you would like your PDF to appear in the content editor of the page.
4. Click the “Add Media” button at the top of the page.
5. Click the “Upload Files” tab and select and upload the PDF you saved earlier. Once you select your file, the PDF will automatically add to the Media Library.
6. Insert your PDF on the page.
Adjust Your PDF Settings
Make sure your PDF is titled something representative of the information displayed in the PDF. The PDF will appear as a clickable link on your page. To adjust the link text, click the link in your page’s content editor and select the Edit Button.
Then click the gear button titled “Link Options.”
An Insert/Edit Link box will pop up. Here, you can edit the link text of your PDF. Additionally, you can select if you would like your PDF to open in a new tab when it is clicked on your page (recommended).
After you have made all the necessary changes, click the blue Update button.
Preview Your Page
Your PDF will now appear as a clickable link on your page. Preview the page to ensure that it appears as you want it to and that the PDF opens as expected.
Still Have Questions?
Reach out to us within your website’s admin dashboard. Log into your website and then fill out the Website Support form. You’ll hear back from one of Wired Impact’s team members within one business day.