Nonprofit board governance isn’t easy. Of course your board members are committed to your cause and helping your organization succeed. But they’re also busy. And governing a group of busy people can make it tough to get a whole lot done.
Nonprofit Boards Need a Tool
In talking to a variety of organizations (and serving on boards ourselves), we’ve consistently heard the need for a tool to help nonprofits with board governance.
It became evident this tool needed to have a few key qualities:
- Be easy to use for both nonprofit staff and board members
- Be centralized instead of requiring multiple logins and passwords
- Focus on making the board more efficient and information easier to find
- Be customizable to fit the needs of a particular nonprofit
The right tool can make nonprofit board governance a whole lot easier.
A Free Tool for Nonprofit Board Governance
We’re really excited to announce the launch of the Nonprofit Board Management Plugin for WordPress. If you’re a nonprofit running a WordPress website, you can now govern your board directly through your website.
This free nonprofit board governance system allows your nonprofit to:
- Easily see board member info
- Post upcoming events and accept RSVPs from board members
- Display who’s on each board committee
- Share board member contact information
- Post important board resources
- Get support through video
Oh, and did we mention it’s free? Just wanted to make sure.
Customization with Premium Extensions
In addition to the main board management plugin, your nonprofit can add on custom extensions based on your needs.
Currently, we’re offering two premium extensions.
Allow board members to RSVP to events directly from within their email inbox and send them reminders about upcoming events automatically.
Track attendance at all board events and see individual board member attendance over time.
Go On, Get Governing
To find out more, check out the Nonprofit Board Management Plugin page. And if you have any questions about how to use the plugin to improve board governance, please let us know in the comments below.