For most nonprofits, your website will be the central component of your online marketing efforts. Other channels can play a huge part in your marketing strategy, but most supporters will likely end up on your website. The content, design and features should all work together to create a beautiful as well as powerful and inspirational experience.
Your Website Should be Focused on Results
We believe your website should be a tool that actually helps your organization serve your community more effectively. It should be delivering tangible results that help your nonprofit do more good in the community you serve.
While the details are unique for each nonprofit we work with, this often includes:
- Boosting donations by allowing your donors to give directly through your website and by telling your story in an engaging way that drives visitors to donate offline
- Bolstering donor retention by managing donor information and automating processes like sending “Thank You” emails
- Driving search traffic by using comprehensive research to make sure that your website is optimized for results relevant to your target audiences
- Connecting with new volunteers by allowing visitors to see upcoming volunteer opportunities and sign up to volunteer directly through your website
- Improving volunteer satisfaction by maintaining a database of volunteers and automating processes like sending reminder emails or volunteer project updates
- Increasing program participation by making it easy for those seeking your services to find what they’re looking for and register directly on your site
- Driving event attendance by showcasing your upcoming events and making it really simple for visitors to register
- Supporting membership growth by clearly showcasing the benefits of becoming a member and making it really simple for visitors to join
- Establishing your authority by publishing blog content and providing useful resources to your visitors
While these may not all apply to your nonprofit, your website should be helping you in equally concrete ways.
Our Typical Nonprofit Web Design Process
Over the years we’ve developed an approach to web design that we feel works well to deliver a great site to the nonprofits we work with. We’ll work with you to develop a process that’s right for your nonprofit.
Our custom web design process includes:
- Search Engine Optimization – Determining the phrases we can target to drive people interested in your cause but not looking for you by name
- Structure Development – Figuring out what pages need to be created and how they should be organized to make it easy for visitors to find the information they’re seeking
- Content Writing or Editing – Crafting the most compelling way to tell your story and drive your visitors to act
- Web Design – Developing the ideal look and feel to convey what makes your organization unique and compel your visitors to get more involved
- Programming – Bringing your vision to life in a way that’s easy for your visitors to use and for you to manage using the WordPress content management system
- Training – Showing your staff how to manage the site’s features and recording custom training videos for you to reference in the future
- Traffic Growth Engagement – A six-month engagement aimed at driving more of the “right people” to your site and using data to make decisions
- Hosting – Ensuring your website is available and loads quickly for all of your visitors
A “Set It and Forget It” Approach Doesn’t Work
All too often we hear about nonprofits that built a slick, new website only to see it deliver limited results.
A new website is only one piece of the marketing puzzle. It’s an important first step in the process of driving visitors to learn about you and become a supporter, but it really is just the beginning. Once it’s live, it becomes one of the many marketing-related tools at your disposal.
All of our custom website projects include a six-month Traffic Growth Engagement to drive targeted traffic to your site. This helps to ensure you get the most out of the time and money you just invested in building your new site.
How Much Does It Cost?
Our custom web design projects start around $25,000, which includes the six month Traffic Growth Engagement. If you have a particular budget you’re looking to work within, just let us know. We’re happy to recommend how to get the best possible site at a price you’re comfortable with.
Looking to quickly launch a nonprofit website with lower upfront costs? For a $249 per month, our nonprofit website platform includes donation forms, event and volunteer management, email marketing integration, hosting and more. Learn about our standard features and pricing.
Interested in Hearing More?
We’d love to talk about what our custom web design process could look like for your nonprofit.
If you have any questions or want more information on a web design project, please drop us a note or give us a call at (314) 801-1328. We’re always happy to answer questions and, if we’re not the right fit, hopefully we can at least point you in the right direction.