Homepage on mobile
Homepage on desktop
Stories of Recovery page
Friends of Recovery – New York (FOR-NY) supports communities in New York state at the local level, setting up the foundation for recovery from alcohol and substance abuse. They focus on helping not only those experiencing addiction and their families but the entire community, raising awareness about the reality of addiction and the attainability of recovery.
Visitors to the website feel the inclusion of the FOR-NY community right off the bat. On the website, they can read personal stories of those who’ve struggled with addiction, share their own story, view and register for recovery support trainings, contact FOR-NY with questions or for support, and sign up for their newsletter.
Site structure development, SEO research, content editing, website design and development using WordPress
The FOR-NY website has several features, including:
- A responsive design that adjusts to fit tablets and mobile devices
- A system to share recovery stories including displaying stories in an aggregated list
- A system to showcase local recovery community organizations with individual pages for each organization
- A system to view and register for upcoming trainings with the ability for users to submit new trainings
- The ability for visitors to easily sign up for their newsletter
- A blog to share news, helpful information and stories of impact
- Website search to make it easy to find information
- Social media links that make it easy for visitors to connect and share content