Our Conversion Growth Engagement is aimed at building off the foundation established by our Traffic Growth Engagement. Once a visitor lands on your site, the next step is for you to engage them. This allows you to start cultivating a relationship that over time can transform them from a casual visitor to an active supporter.
What’s a “Conversion” Anyway?
A conversion is a meaningful website action that helps your nonprofit in some way. These include actions like making a donation, buying a ticket to an event or registering to become a member of your organization.
The focus of our Conversion Growth Engagement is driving visitors to take these actions (or “convert”). Driving up the number of conversions should directly help your nonprofit do more good in your community.
Transforming Visitors into Supporters
We like to think of the process of transforming visitors into supporters as involving two key steps.
Step 1: Engage
The first step in the process is connecting with a visitor, transforming them from a casual, one-time visitor into a subscriber. While the exact details need to be tailored to your nonprofit, this often involves actions like:
- Subscribing to an email newsletter
- Downloading a guide or resource in exchange for an email address
- Connecting on social media
- Filling out a general volunteer interest form
- Requesting more information about your services or the benefits of membership
The goal here is to get enough information to begin the process of building a relationship. From there, we can move into…
Step 2: Deepen
The goal here is to build trust and deepen your relationship with your subscriber, leading them down the path to supporting your cause in whatever way is right for them. For many nonprofits, this includes actions like:
- Making a donation
- Registering for an event
- Signing up to volunteer
- Applying for a program
- Becoming a member
Early in the process, you’ll want to focus primarily on building your relationship and establishing yourself as a trusted provider of helpful information. Once you’ve built a strong relationship, don’t be afraid to ask subscribers to get more involved in supporting the cause.
Marketing Driven by Your Nonprofit’s Goals
We don’t like the idea of standalone “marketing goals.” We think your marketing should drive towards your goals as an organization. Your marketing goals should simply be an extension of the good you’re striving to achieve in your community.
If done right, your marketing should be helping your nonprofit to:
- Boost fundraising by inspiring website visitors to become donors and helping you maintain relationships with past donors
- Increase volunteerism by connecting you with new volunteers and easing the process of managing volunteer events
- Help more people by driving interest in your programs and making it easy for visitors to enroll
- Drive event attendance by connecting you with people interested in your events and providing a simple process for registering
- Increase membership by attracting potential members and simplifying the process of enrolling
At the end of the day, solid marketing should be helping you do more good as an organization. If you ask us, that’s what “online success” truly looks like.
So How Do We Increase Conversions?
There’s definitely not a one-size-fits-all approach to increasing conversions. We’ll discuss the nuances of your nonprofit as well as your goals to develop a plan that’s right for you.
That said, our Conversion Growth Engagements often include the following:
- Implementing advanced analytics tracking to highlight opportunities to boost conversions using data like heatmaps and video recordings of users interacting with your site
- Writing and publishing downloadable guides to boost email signups and establish your authority
- Setting up marketing automation workflows to deepen relationships with your subscribers automatically via email
- Running A/B tests on key pages throughout your website to determine how to drive more visitors to convert
- Implementing simple forms driving visitors to sign up for your email list as they’re in the process of leaving your website
- Building additional tools into the website to make it easier for your visitors to take meaningful actions directly on your site
We’ll work closely with you to ensure we’re spending our time each month on tasks likely to deliver meaningful results for your nonprofit.
How Do We Know if it’s Working?
We’ll keep a close eye on all sorts of data to see what’s working and what can be improved. We’ll also discuss this data with you when making our recommendations to get your thoughts.
At the end of the day, you should be seeing an uptick in meaningful metrics like donations, volunteer applications or registrations for your programs. In our mind, that’s the truest measure of success.
So How Much Does It Cost?
More often than not, we start with a Traffic Growth Engagement instead of jumping right into a Conversion Growth Engagement. If you already have a very strong foundation when it comes to driving targeted traffic, our standalone Conversion Growth Engagements start at $2,000 per month.
We also typically ask for a six month commitment since this type of approach to marketing a nonprofit takes some time to generate results.
Interested in Hearing More?
If you’re interested in hearing more about a Conversion Growth Engagement or discussing what it could look like for your nonprofit, we’d be happy to talk it over with you.