Your website is only beneficial to your nonprofit if people can find it. And not just any people, but the right people, whether they’re potential donors, volunteers or supporters.
Search engine optimization is all about driving more of the right traffic to your website from major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
What Do Search Engines Care About?
When someone starts a search, the search engine runs through all of the websites they’ve discovered and decides which results to display. Search engines decide the order of results based on two primary factors:
- Relevance – How well does the website content relate to what the user searched?
- Popularity – How many other people think this website has valuable content?
Relevance is determined based on how well the content on your website matches what a user typed into the search engine. For example, if someone searches “soup kitchen” search engines are likely going to rank a webpage highly that has the phrase “soup kitchen” written multiple times throughout the page.
Popularity is determined by the quantity and quality of other websites linking to the content on your site.
What We Offer
We offer a variety of search engine optimization services, including:
- Analytics Review – Reviewing your website analytics to determine the role search is currently playing in driving traffic and highlighting key areas for improvement
- Keyword Research – Identifying which keyword phrases are best for you to target in an effort to drive more potential supporters to your website
- Content Editing and Writing – Editing or writing your website content to appeal to both search engines and your visitors
- Ongoing Monthly Engagement – Providing a flexible amount of time per month to implement a wide variety of improvements to your website based on your website data
Search Engine Optimization Articles
The world of search is difficult to grasp and always changing. But here are some articles we’ve written to provide a bit of clarity: