We’re looking for a full-time Project Manager to join our team. You’ll be working with nonprofits to guide them through the process of building a great website and using their online marketing to drive their mission forward.
If you’re ready to apply, fill out the form below.
Wondering about the benefits of joining us at Wired Impact? Here are a few of them:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Work Hours. Head to a late afternoon baseball game. Sleep in after a night of working late. Get your hair cut during the day because it’s less crowded. We care much more about getting great work done than clocking in and out each day.
- Work from Anywhere. Work from a coffee shop, the office or at home when you need to. We also have a few full-time remote employees so you don’t need to be local. We’re pretty flexible (although most of us in St. Louis choose to come into the office every day).
- Take Vacation When You Need It. We don’t track vacation days. If you feel like you need some time off, you should take it. Or maybe you want to work from another city for a week around the holidays? We can most likely make it work.
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe a happy team means better work and ultimately better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
- Unique Office Space in Downtown St. Louis. We recently moved to Covo, a new office space in a converted bank building in downtown St. Louis. The space is beautiful. There’s a roof deck, pool table, weekly community happy hour and yoga during lunch.
As a Project Manager at Wired Impact, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing ongoing digital marketing engagements, one-time website projects and internal projects from beginning to end while ensuring tasks are completed on time and to a high quality
- Communicating regularly with our nonprofit clients and our Wired Impact team to set clear expectations and confirm everyone is happy
- Recommending and implementing improvements to our processes and the way we engage with nonprofits
- Preparing and delivering training so clients are able to manage their websites effectively
- Reviewing and preparing work for clients to ensure it meets the needs of each one of the nonprofits we work with
- Collecting client feedback and reviewing completed projects to recommend areas for growth
Skills and Background
We’re looking for an applicant that has the following skills and background:
- 2+ years of work as a project manager or a similar role (in marketing is a major plus)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with the ability to explain complex topics clearly (particularly ideas related to technology and marketing)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects at one time
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, WordPress, Asana and Google Apps should definitely be noted
- Professional or personal experience with nonprofits is also a big plus
In addition to everything above, we’re looking for the following in our ideal Project Manager:
- Belief in the Wired Impact mission to help nonprofits effectively use the web to do more good
- Ability to budget time and get things done (we don’t want to police how you spend your days)
- Someone who doesn’t throw stuff in the backseat of their car and always has people commenting on how “neat” they keep their place
- Dedication to completing high quality work
- On a scale of 1 to Procrastinator someone who would score a 0
- Ability to have an entire conversation in sarcasm (Seriously, an entire conversation. It’ll almost definitely happen at some point.)
- Ability to develop rapport and build relationships (even when you’re feeling grumpy)
- An interest in learning about every part of our process from search engine optimization to programming to marketing strategy (you’ll have a hand in every deliverable that gets sent out the door and be the go-to person for questions from our clients, so understanding everyone’s role is a must)
- Willingness to take and give constructive criticism
- Readiness to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your job description
If you’re interested in joining us here to help nonprofits better use the web, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions about the position or Wired Impact in general, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.