Are you interested in writing for the Wired Impact blog? Well, you’re in the right place.
We welcome all folks involved in technology or the nonprofit sector to submit post ideas our way. We ask that you use the form below to submit your ideas instead of sending us full articles. That way we can determine if the post is a good fit before you spend a lot of time writing it.
Benefits to Guest Writers
We offer the following benefits to guest writers on our blog:
- A bio at the end of each post with a picture and up to two links of your choosing
- Promotion of your post (mentioning your username) on our Wired Impact social media channels
Expectations of Guest Writers
We expect the following from guest writers:
- Create original content aimed at how nonprofits can effectively leverage the web
- If you’d like, you can repost an excerpt of your article on your personal blog, but we ask you not republish the whole post.
- Respond to comments on your posts quickly (and of course be respectful)
- Many of our blog posts are under 800 words, but if it takes more to write a great post we’re open to it
Some Things We Look For
Here are a few things we look for in blog posts and story pitches:
- Concreteness – The more specific a pitch is, the better. Many of our favorite posts use strong examples to illustrate each point.
- Clarity – We know you’re smart. But this isn’t a thesis. Your language should be clear and easily accessible.
- A New Take – We read a lot of online articles each day. We love coming across something fresh, or even a new take on a tired topic.
- Nonprofit Focus – Our blog is focused on providing value to nonprofits. We look for guest writers to tailor their content to our audience. If your pitch doesn’t have a nonprofit tech angle, we likely won’t respond. It’s nothing personal, but we get a lot of pitches and can only respond to the ones that are tailored to our readers.
Send Over Your Ideas
If you’re interested in doing some guest writing, please get in touch using this form. We’ll follow up with you as soon as we can.