We’re looking for someone who is naturally curious and energized by talking to people. You don’t need to have previous sales experience, but nonprofit experience is a major plus. If you’ve held a role that required sales-like skills, such as donor relations or program management, we’d love to hear about it.
We’re based in St. Louis, MO, but are open to you being fully remote. That said, we’re open from 8 – 5 CT, and are looking for someone who can generally be available during the majority of those hours to talk with potential clients.
We strongly believe in the value of diversity, and encourage you to apply regardless of your background or social identities. We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work every day.
As an Account Executive at Wired Impact, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop deep knowledge of our SaaS website platform and the nonprofit sector, enabling you to guide organizations towards the best possible solution to meet their needs
- Run and own the entire sales process, from first contact, through demo, ongoing communication and finally signing up for a paid plan
- Execute our existing sales playbooks, while also experimenting and improving current processes to deliver better results
- Reengage dormant leads to bring them back into our active sales pipeline
- Provide support to clients and free trialers, helping them be as successful with their website as possible
- Keep detailed records in our CRM and regularly report out on results
- Collaborate on marketing initiatives to help us connect with more nonprofits
- Potentially generate new leads directly through inbound and outbound channels, though at this point the vast majority are inbound leads
- Facilitate a smooth handoff from sales to client success after a nonprofit signs up for a new website project
- Meet or exceed sales quotas to drive company growth and your compensation
Benefits and Compensation
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance. We cover 85% of your premium for health, dental and vision plus 100% for life and long-term disability.
- Take Vacation When You Need It. We don’t track vacation days. If you feel like you need some time off, we want you to take it.
- Flexible Work Hours. Head to an afternoon baseball game. Get your hair cut during the day because it’s less crowded. We care much more about getting great work done than clocking in and out each day.
- Uncapped Earning Potential. Details on full compensation will depend on your experience, but sales commissions are uncapped, so there’s no upper limit on what you can earn.
- Help Those Who Help Others. Spend your days working with nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities and around the world.
- Your Happiness Matters. We believe a happy team ultimately means better results for nonprofits. Have something in mind that’ll make you happier? We want to hear it.
- Lots of Learning Opportunities. We’re always trying out new things, and we want our entire team to be learning new techniques and strategies every day. We’re open to ideas on what you’d like to learn and how we can help.
- Great Ideas are Heard and Feedback is Provided. Have a great idea? We guarantee it will be seriously considered. Want feedback? We’re happy to provide it. Got feedback? We’d love to hear it. In fact, we meet weekly to discuss what’s working well and what we can improve moving forward.
- Established Remote Work Culture. We’re experienced with having a team spread across the world. While we do have an office in St. Louis, our priority is to hire the very best people. Where you work from doesn’t matter to us, as long as you’re set up to do great work.
Ideal Skills and Characteristics
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who:
- Ideally has 2+ years of nonprofit or software sales experience
- Is naturally curious and hungry to learn
- Is an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Can balance the needs of many organizations and prioritize effectively
- Can quickly develop rapport and build relationships (even when you aren’t in the best mood)
- Is committed to delivering strong work, but also moving projects forward quickly
- Is willing to give and receive constructive criticism
- Can hold an entire conversation in sarcasm. (Seriously, an entire conversation. It’ll almost definitely happen at some point.)
- Is ready to help coworkers, even if tasks fall outside of your job description
- Is passionate about the nonprofit sector and helping organizations make the world a better place by leveraging technology
As far as tools go, familiarity with ActiveCampaign, Google Workspace, WordPress or Asana will be helpful, but isn’t a requirement.
Oh, and in your application please include the phrase “To infinity and beyond!” This helps us filter out those who didn’t read the job description.
About Wired Impact
We’re on a mission to get a great website in the hands of every nonprofit that wants one.
Our website platform is a middle ground between an expensive custom website and a DIY option like Wix or Squarespace. Plus, nonprofits have access to our team of experts for hands-on support so they never feel like they’re going it alone.
From education, health, the arts and the environment, to legal and social services, we’ve built websites with all types of nonprofit organizations. Explore some of our favorites and see what clients have to say about working with our team.
If you’re interested in joining us here to help nonprofits better use the web, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions about the position or Wired Impact in general, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
"*" indicates required fields