Showcasing upcoming events on your site can be a great way to educate and recruit attendees. Within the built-in event system, each event has its own designated page that you can direct people to from around your website, as well as from outside marketing channels like social media and email.
Once a new event is added to your site, it will display in a dynamic list on the Events page. Your upcoming events can also show in the sidebar of your website, and, if you’re using our Airy or Pioneer themes, upcoming events can be set up to automatically pull through to the homepage.
You’ll be able to select whether the event takes place one day at a set time or spans multiple days. You can also determine if you’d like to include a registration form on the page, as well as whether the event will cost money or be free of charge.
The Event System is available for Grow and Amplify plan websites. Change your plan in the Account & Billing section of your website Dashboard.
Where Do I Add a New Event?
There are two easy ways to access your website’s event system. First, log into your website. From the Dashboard, look in the left-hand column and find the Events menu item. You can automatically add an event by clicking “Add New” in the drop-down menu.
If you find yourself on the “All Events” page, either by selecting it intentionally in the drop-down menu or landing there by clicking the overarching “Events” item in the sidebar, you can add an event by simply clicking “Add New” next to the Events page title.
How Do I Customize a New Event?
At first glance, the New Event page looks similar to a standard page, but there are some additional details you’ll need to provide to make sure your event is set up properly and showing helpful information throughout the site.
- Add a title for your event.
- Include any helpful information about your event in the large editor box below the Title field.
- Consider adding a summary of the event, where it’s located, where to park, age requirements for registration, etc. There are dedicated spaces for date and time we’ll show you next.
- You can use different blocks here for text, images and video like you would when formatting a page.
- Add the date and time of your event in the “Event Details” box below the main text editor.
- Finally, decide in the dropdown at the bottom of the page if you’d like to include a form. You can select and fill out the prompted information for:
- No Form
- Free Form (Can gauge how many people will attend, but won’t collect money via the website)
- Paid Form (Collects an attendance fee for your event, as well as attendee information.)
- Custom Form (If you need to collect information that’s not included in the pre-made forms, you can create a custom event registration form that collects the information you need.)
- Like other pages on the site, you can choose to add a header image for the event in the “Featured Image” box on the right side of the screen.
Creating Recurring Events
The event system doesn’t currently support automatically recurring events. If you have an event that happens regularly, we recommend creating a new event for each occurrence. Copy and paste the information into each event and change the date as needed. If your recurring event collects RSVPs or payments for each date, you’ll need to add a new form every time so that you can keep track of registrations for individual events.
How Do I Remove An Event?
Once an event passes, it will automatically be removed from the Upcoming Events list. Your site visitors will no longer see it, but you will still be able to access the Event’s information in the back end of your site, as needed. For this reason, there’s no need to remove past events from your website.
However, to completely delete an upcoming event from your site, click on “All Events” in the Events drop-down within the vertical navigation menu on the left side of your dashboard. You’ll then find yourself with a list of all the events on your site.
To remove one or more:
- Click the check box for the items you wish to remove.
- Click the drop-down at the top of the page called “Bulk Actions”
- Select “Move to Trash”
- Click the Apply button
Voilà! Your event(s) will be completely removed from the site.
Still Have Questions?
Reach out to us within your Dashboard. Log into your website and then fill out the Website Support form. You’ll hear back from one of Wired Impact’s team members within one business day.