Gravity Forms, the form building tool on your site, makes it possible to quickly gather information from potential donors, members and new visitors to your website. While Gravity Forms has incredible documentation and tutorials on how to use the tool, we’ve compiled some additional resources we hope will make the process even faster and easier.
To get started building a form, watch the support videos below. If you want to build a form that accepts payment, check out our article about paid forms.
Create a Form
Ready to create a new form? Follow our video tutorial.
Set Notifications and Confirmations
Once you’ve made a form, you’ll want to customize the notifications and confirmation messages. This video will show you how to access and modify those settings.
Display Your Form on a Page
Now that you’ve created your form and set up your notifications and confirmations, follow the steps below to add it to a page, test it and publish it.
- Click the “Pages” menu on the left side of the backend of your website.
- Click the name of the page where you want to include the form. This will take you to the edit screen for that page.
- Place your cursor where you want to add the form and hit enter on your keyboard to create a new block. A paragraph block is added by default, but we’ll change that in the next step.
- Type a forward slash (/) then the word “form” to filter the blocks until you see one called “Gravity Forms”
- Click the “Gravity Forms” option in the popup menu. A new block to choose your form will appear.
- Using the “Select a Form” dropdown, choose the form you want to display on this page. Once you choose a preview of the form may appear, although this doesn’t happen for every form.
- In the Block Settings in the sidebar on the right of your screen, use the toggles to display or hide the “Form Title” and “Form Description”. In most cases we recommend hiding both of these and instead using page content to include text or headings above your form.
- Click the gray “Preview” button in the top right to see how the form will display on the page.
- Follow steps to test your new form within the page preview.
- If everything looks great, publish your changes by using the blue “Publish” or “Update” button in the top right of the edit screen for the page. That’s it. Your form is now live.
Review and Export Form Submissions
As soon as visitors begin submitting the form through your website, you’ll be able to view and export the data. In this video, see where to find your form data and learn the options for downloading it from the site.
Still Have Questions?
Reach out to us within your website’s admin dashboard. Log into your website and then fill out the Website Support form. You’ll hear back from one of Wired Impact’s team members within one business day.